Walking is said to be the best source for spine better than running or jogging because it sets less pressure on the discs. For Health Benefits regular walking maintains your cardio-vascular system and improves your body fitness allover. Walking and diet together helps you in weight loss and tone up your muscles too. Walking gives results will quickly in weight loss although it depends upon the person’s fitness level, age and how fast they walk.
Health Benefits According to Dr Craig Williams:
“It (walking) can improve muscle endurance as well as muscle strength, especially in the lower body. Where walking beats other forms of exercise is that there are excellent strategies for boosting the amount you do.”
Walking improve cardiovascular system and said to beneficial for bones, also increase blood circulation. Walking offers all the benefits including getting rid of the waste products in the tissues. Walk at a consistent speed than running is more valuable for tissues-cleansing but for over-50s jogging or running may cause problem.
Marcus Davis (Osteopath) says:
“Walking helps to drain the lower of excess fluid and can help prevent varicose veins through the pumping action of the calf muscles.”
Now let’s have a look on further more benefits:
20 Health Benefits of Walking:
- Health Benefits Helps with weight management.
- It’s accessible to everyone.
- Doesn’t require special equipment.
- One of the easiest ways to get more active.
- Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- It’s a low impact exercise.
- Lowers low-density lipoprotein(LDL) cholesterol(the “bad” cholesterol)
- Raises high-density lipoprotein(HDL) cholesterol(the “good” cholesterol)
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces the risk of some cancers
- Helps reduce risk and aids with the management of type 2 diabetes.
- Improves mood.
- Helps maintain strong bones.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Less likely to lead to injuries.
- Reduces stress.
- Reduces risk of heart disease.
- You don’t have to pay for it.
- Builds aerobic fitness.
- Helps maintain lean muscle tissue.